COVID-19 is significantly impacting your business.
The Durham Economic Task Force is here to help you navigate this crisis.
The Durham Region Economic Task Force
Durham Region economic organizations are working together to help businesses.
The Durham Economic Task Force is made up of Durham Region’s Economic Development and Tourism team; all 8 Durham Region-area municipal economic development teams, Business Advisory Centre of Durham; and all of Durham’s Chambers of Commerce and Boards of Trade. The members have also been engaging with other key stakeholders, such as local Business Improvement Associations.
The Durham Economic Task Force’s immediate priorities are to:
- Advocate for the urgent needs of our business community to the Provincial and Federal Governments.
- Provide resources and information about business supports available from various levels of government.
- Work with other levels of government and stakeholders to develop and implement support programming for business owners, affected employees, and their families, who are experiencing financial impacts as a result of COVID-19.
- Provide direct support to help guide businesses through the process of accessing emergency financial assistance and programming from all levels of government.
- Promote Durham small businesses that are still open, particularly the local food and agri-businesses who are offering safe, no-contact delivery and pick-up services.
Durham Region is an innovation community. We are home to a network of businesses that innovate with a conscience, and have a history of adapting and overcoming challenges. Together, we are #DurhamStrong.
Business Recovery Webinars
Featured Upcoming Webinars:
July 7: Canadian Chamber of Commerce - Brave new world - navigating the crisis and its aftermath
July 7-8: Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade - Analyzing and Summarizing Your Data (Two Day Workshop)
July 8: Spark Centre - Online Workshop: Value Proposition
July 9: BACD - Preparing your business to reopen during COVID-19
July 14: BACD - Canada Revenue Agency Webinar for Small Corporations
July 15: BACD - Small Business Emergency Preparedness
July 22: Spark Centre - Online Workshop: Buyer Persona
July 23: Spark Centre - Driving Innovation Series presents Steering Durham Technology
Aug 6: 1855 Masterclass - Leveling up Your Business and Personal Life
June 4: Region joins ShopHERE; offers no-cost option for businesses to create digital presence
May 29: Health Department launches online toolkit to provide information on safe reopening of services
May 7: Businesses prepare to reopen; new site helps them source PPE
April 29: Region continues critical services; turns focus to recovery efforts
April 20: Durham’s business community unites during COVID-19
> See all Durham Region updates
June 16: Ontario moving Durham Region to stage 2 reopening on Friday June 19
June 12: Ontario Protecting Agri-Food Workers during COVID-19
June 11: Ontario and Canada Helping Small Businesses Go Digital
May 14: Ontario announces additional workplaces that can reopen
May 6: Ontario further eases restrictions on retail stores and essential construction
> See all Provincial updates
May 19: Prime Minister announces expansion of support for workers and small businesses
May 11: Prime Minister announces additional support for businesses to help save jobs
May 5: Prime Minister announces support for farmers, food businesses and food supply
April 28: Prime Minister releases joint statement by First Ministers for restarting the economy
>See all Federal updates